I am done with day 2 of juicing. I have to admit, this time seems incredibly difficult. I don't feel full, which is probably a result of not drinking enough juice. My husband decided he wanted to juice with me and to be honest, it's both helpful and harder at the same time. Helpful because I don't have to be tempted by his food, and hard because that means more juicing and clean-up. Either way I am glad to see him juicing. He also struggles with his weight. He is about 40-50 pounds overweight. He is very active. He plays football and has a fast paced job. But he is a terrible eater. He eats a burger almost every time we go out to eat. I worry about him. I know he will have to watch his weight for the rest of his life because obesity runs in his family. He needs to make the changes now before it's too late.
Back to how I am feeling....I am already trying to talk myself out of doing 7 days of only juice, I think I may just settle on 3 days. We'll see how it goes. I have a headache and my stomach is growling. I keep telling myself one day at a time! We went to the Hippie Place tonight (Health food store). I ventured out and got juice that had beets in it. Um, not my favorite. It tasted like dirt. And I'm not really a big fan of dirt. But I drank it anyway. My son did not like it and gagged when I gave him some. He prefers chocolate milk, but then again who doesn't? I think more than anything I miss the act of eating. Of course I miss food, the taste and smell. But I want to chew on something! I want to eat something, just for the sake of eating it. Which makes me realize how much of a mental thing eating is for us. I believe that you can conquer anything that you first put your mind to. I have to challenge myself as much mentally as I do physically. If I am defeated in my mind, I will be defeated in everything. This is not going to be an instant fix and I won't see results overnight. This is going to be a lifelong challenge that I am going to have to work a day at a time. I know that being healthy is not only what you eat but also the physical activity that you push yourself to do. Currently my activity level is at about a 5 out of 10. Just average. I am not so lazy that I won't get off the couch to change the channel, but I am also not running sprints around the house either. So, on that note, I am going to challenge myself to train for a 5k. I have always wanted to be a runner. But it terrifies me. How can someone run that long and not fall over dead!? I know that it takes a lot of training, and again I am up for the challenge. I plan on starting Monday (today is Saturday). I will just take the first step and see where I end up.
Well, it is off to bed for me. Until next time....
No comments:
Post a Comment